Cost of Attendance
The Cost of Attendance for a student is an estimate of that student’s educational expenses for the period of enrollment
- The COA is not the bill that you may get from school. The COA is the average cost to attend our school for one academic year.
- The COA includes tuition and fees, books and supplies, room and board, transportation, and personal expenses.
- The COA is the cornerstone of establishing a student’s financial need, as it sets a limit on the total aid that a student may receive. For example, Federal loan(s) are capped at the cost of attendance minus other aid received, based on the period of enrollment.
- The COA will generally increase each year due to inflationary increases in the various components of the cost of attendance. This includes increases in the tuition and fees and increases in the cost of room and board. So school adjusts the COA yearly to reflect changes to these costs.
Cost of Attendance per Academic Year (2021 – 2022)
Recognizing that attending the Virginia University of Integrative Medicine is a significant investment of time and money, we strive to provide our students with the information and means to finance their degree.
The budget provided below is based on a moderate student lifestyle and represents the maximum amount of financial aid possible for the current academic year. Tuition is set by the University’s Board of Trustees and is ratified each year.
|Item||Master of Science in Oriental Medicine||Master of Science in Acupuncture||Remarks|
|Tuition and Fees||$8,280||$8,280||12 Credits per Quarter * 3 Quarters|
|Room and Board||$11,890||$11,890|
|Books and Supplies||$750||$750|
|Personal / Miscellaneous||$6,826||$6,826|
- There are 3 terms during one academic year. Each term consists of 10 weeks of instruction.
- The living expense is calculated for 8 months (36 Weeks)
- Total Program Cost (Tuitions and Fees only)
|Program(Normal Program Length)||Master of Science Oriental Medicine
4 years (16 Quarters)
|Master of Science in Acupuncture
3 years (12 Quarters)
|Registration Fee ($80/Q)||$1,280||$960|
|Didactic Courses ($230/Credit)||$43,470||$31,280|
|Clinical Courses ($430/Credit)||$14,190||$9,890|
|Internship Fee ($100/Q)||$800||$600|
|Estimated Book Cost||$4,000||$3,000|
* Living Expenses such as Health Services & Insurance, Room & Board, Personal Expenses, and Transportation will vary from student to student. Students will incur varying amounts of these costs depending on their individual circumstances. For example, for those students living off-campus but not with their parents, the allowance will be based on reasonable expenses for the student’s room and board.