MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ACUPUNCTURE AND HERBAL MEDICINE (MAcHM) PROGRAM ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
1) Satisfactory completion of at least two years (60 semester credits/90 quarter credits) undergraduate level education from an institution accredited or pre-accredited by an agency recognized by the US department of Education.
2) Submission of Official transcripts. Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope or directly from the institution in a secure digital format. Students will be required to submit official transcripts from all other institutions from which academic credit was earned if the student intends to request transfer of credit.
All foreign-trained students who have completed undergraduate and/or graduate-level training overseas must provide Foreign Transcript Evaluation for each degree attained. An official transcript for these degrees will be requested from the student. For those who have also completed an advanced degree (Masters, Doctorate) from an accredited institution in the English language in the United States but completed their undergraduate training overseas, the student will not need to provide an official transcript from their foreign institution; foreign transcript evaluations will still be required. The student must provide an official transcript from the US-based institution of study.
- Degrees earned outside of the US, issued by an institution not recognized by the department of education must be translated and evaluated by an agency recognized by NACES (National association of Credential Evaluation Services) or AICE (Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc.). VUIM offers a service for a fee through FIS (Foundation for International Services, Inc.), a member of NACES.
3) Completed application for admission.
4) Application fee
5) English language proficiency:
- TOEFL exam (My Best exam scores are acceptable) – Score: 61 Total (speaking score of 20, listening score of 17)
- IELTS exam – Score: 6.0 (speaking band 6.5)
- Completion of a two year degree (60 semester or 90 quarter credits) at the baccalaureate or masters level, at an accredited US college or University in the US, or at a college or University in the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada (not including Quebec), New Zealand, or Ireland
6) 300 – 700 word essay – “What inspired you to pursue a career in acupuncture and/or Oriental medicine?”
8) Photo ID