GI Bill / Veteran’s Benefits

GI Bill / Veteran’s Benefits

Veterans Affairs Education Benefit Programs

The Virginia University of Integrative Medicine’s degree-granting programs have been approved for the training of veterans and eligible individuals (GI Bill). Any honorably discharged veteran of the US Armed Forces is eligible to receive educational benefits by submitting an application to the School Certifying Official (SCO) who is located in the University’s Administrative Office.  

For additional information, please contact the VA office at toll-free number (888) 442-4551 or visit the VA website:

How to Apply for Benefits

Veteran Affairs (VA) students must file an application for Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Students who haven’t received VA benefits before must file an original application (veterans VAF 22-1990; dependents VAF 22-5490).  Students who have received VA benefits before must file a Request for Change of Program or Place of Training (veterans VAF 22-1995; dependents VAF 22-5495).

How will you submit your application?

• You can use the VONAPP Veterans Online Applications to fill out and submit your application at

• You can submit a paper application called Form 22-1999 by mail to the VA Regional Processing Office.  You can mail the form to the region of your home address.

*Once a student has finished the VA application and been approved, students should submit their COE to the VUIM financial aid officer.