WELCOME TO THE VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY OF INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE LIBRARY
The VUIM Library provides current, reliable information resources and services to support the learning, instructional and research goals of the VUIM community. Students, faculty and staff have access to materials related directly to the curriculum, as well as to general visual, print and electronic resources in the fields of Chinese and Western Medicine. The library collection includes Chinese- and Korean-language oriental Medicine texts, as well as study materials in English as a Second Language (ESL). For health professionals and the general public, the library serves as an information resource on acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
The Library staff invite you to visit the Library in person for research assistance, computer use or a quiet place to study. Access our catalog and online resources, and review library use policies, through the www.netvibes.com/vuomlib portal. The Library plays a vital part in fulfilling the educational mission of the University. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions about library services and collections, feedback or suggestions.
The Virginia University of Integrative Medicine considers a well-equipped library to be a vital part of a student’s education and an important element in the overall effectiveness of the university. The library’s mission is to connect VUIM students to the knowledge and resources available in the fields of oriental medicine, acupuncture, herbology, and western medicine; to provide timely access to information requested by students, faculty, and staff (VUIM community); to operate efficiently; and to expand effectively.
Objectives supporting this mission:
- • To provide up-to-date information in oriental medicine and western medicine to the VUIM community.
- • To provide this information in a variety of formats, including hardcopy books and journals; and online books and journals.
- • To facilitate access to relevant electronic resources anywhere (within library or from home) and anytime (24/7 access).
- • To develop and maintain a collection that meets the university’s current and future needs through contact with the VUIM community; and relationships with other libraries and oriental medicine organizations.
- • To assist the VUIM community in locating resources, and to teach information literacy skills.
- • To provide a setting that includes adequate seating, technologies, computers, and amenable surroundings for study.
The VUIM Library is located on the 3rd floor of the Virginia University of Integrative Medicine, adjacent to the VUIM classrooms. In addition to a printer/copier, there are two computers available for student use that provide access to the library catalog, databases, online journals and resources, email, and desktop office software. The entire VUIM facility, including the library, is equipped with Wi-Fi access for students.
The library’s online catalog is available 24/7 at www.libraryworld.com/opac; enter VUIMLIB, no password needed.
The library’s online web guide is available 24/7 at www.netvibes.com/vuomlib.
Library Hours change quarterly and are updated on the library’s online web guide: www.netvibes.com/vuomlib. Short-term changes in hours are posted on the library door.
Visit the VUIM Library to use our collections, and for research and database searching assistance in support of the VUIM curriculum.
Contact the library via email at email@example.com or call us at 703-323-5690.